This policy, is incorporated into, and part of, our Code of Conduct, which governs your use of the site as a whole.
Please remember, Sharing Solace is not a medical institution and we are not, and do not intend to be HIPAA compliant. Do not share personal medical or health information with us directly or our community.
We collect personal information via the site in a variety of ways, examples are given but not limited to: when you conduct a transaction, make an online purchase, create an account, edit your online profile, sign up for our newsletters, sign up for certain services, enter sweepstakes and contests, contribute to forums, blog, or submit a comment or question to us using the contact us (or similar feature) on the site.
Information we collect automatically: As is the case with many websites, our servers may log information such as IP address, cookies, browser type, operating system, pages visited, links clicked, search terms, etc. to understand activity and improve user experience. Please disable cookies if you choose.
Information we collect from integrations: We may receive information about you from third-party websites you choose to integrate with our services (including social share buttons, widgets, and advertising technology).
How we use information about you: The only reason for using this information is to provide you the best experience possible. We do this by:
- Working to protect the safety of users by blocking suspected spammers, addressing abuse and harassment, and enforcing our code of conduct
- Provide customer service
- Process and Fulfill your transactions
- Provide updates, technical support/notices, and other administrative messages
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, events, and other news and information that we believe is of interest to you
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities to improve SharingSolace.com
How information is shared: When you use our services, certain information may be shared with other users and/or the public. For example:
- When you submit a post or comment on the forums, visitors and users of the forums will be able to see the content of your posts and comments, your profile image, your public name, your general location and your public profile. Although many of our services are private/quarantined they could become public and you should take that into consideration before posting
- When you submit a journal entry, visitors and users may be able to see the content of your entry based on your privacy settings. Although many of our services are private/quarantined they could become public and you should take that into consideration before posting
- When others view your profile, they will be able to see information about your activities, such as name, prior posts and comments, statuses, and how long you’ve been a member
Please note that even if you choose to delete or suspend your account posts, comments, messages etc. you submit through our services will still be available and viewable on our servers.
Sharing of Information: We do not share, sell, or give away your personal information unless one of the following applies:
- We may share information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers (only if access to such information is required) to carry out work on Sharing Solaces behalf
- You choose to participate in a contest, sweepstakes, promotion, special offer, or other event/activity in connect with Sharing Solace we may share information with the entities that partner with us to provide those offerings
- We may share information (and will attempt to provide you prior notice to the extent legally permissible) in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or national security or law enforcement requirements
- We may share information in response to an emergency if we believe it’s necessary
- We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our code of conduct, rules, or other policies or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others
- We may share information among Sharing Solace and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership
- We may share information at your direction or with your express consent
- We may share aggregated and/or deidentified information which cannot reasonably be used to identify you
Advertisers and Analytics: We may partner with third-party advertisers, ad networks, and analytics providers to better understand your use of the Services. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device in response to a request for content, such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information about your computer or device.
We use analytics partners (like Google Analytics) to help analyze usage and traffic. Example, we may use analytics partners to analyze and measure, in the aggregate, the number of unique visitors to our site.
Security: Sharing Solace takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure alteration, and destruction. We use various efforts intended to safeguard the security and integrity of personal information collected on this Site. Payment card information is processed by third-party payment processors pursuant to their applicable privacy policies. Despite these measures, however, we cannot and do not guarantee that information will be absolutely safe from interception or intrusion during transmission or while stored on our system, or otherwise.
If you correspond with us by e-mail, text message or using Web forms like a “contact us” feature on our site, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure from access by unauthorized parties. We have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission. If you create an account on our site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any activity that occurs under your account. Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
If we believe that the security of your personal information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail to the most recent e-mail address you have provided us in your account profile. Please keep your e-mail address in your account up to date. You can change that e-mail address anytime in your account profile.
Account Information: You may delete your account information at any time by logging into your account and following the prompts. When you delete your account, your profile is no longer visible to other users and disassociated from content you provided under your account. Please note, that the posts, comments, and journal entries, etc. submitted prior to deleting your account will still be visible to others – unless you choose to delete such content. Your token tree node cannot be deleted once created but personal information will be removed from the node. We may also retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposed after you delete your account.
We may provide you with tools and preference settings that allow you to access, correct, delete, and modify information associated with your account.
Cookies: (Not the kind you eat) Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject first- and third-party cookies. Please note that if you do choose to remove or reject cookies this could affect the availability and functionality of our services.
Data Security: The security of your data is important to us. We store your personal information in our systems, which may be outsourced, and we use reasonable security precautions to protect it.
However, no method of electronic data storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information or other information. If you have any questions or concerns about security, drop us a line at Crystal@SharingSolace.com and we will do our best to respond to them. We retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant, at our sole discretion.
Notice to California Residents: A California resident who has provided personal data to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (a “California Customer”) may request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal data, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal data was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal data that were disclosed. California Customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing the address specified below in “Questions”. Please note that we are required to respond to one request per California Customer each year and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
S.B. 568, titled “Privacy Rights for California Minors in the Digital World” allows California minors a right to delete content that they posted to a website, social media profile, or online service while under the age of 18. To request removal of any such content, please contact us at Crystal@SharingSolace.com.
Promotional Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instruction in those communications. If you choose to opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as information about your account or your use of our services.
International Data Transfers: Sharing Solace is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing and using the service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same right as you do under your local law.
Do Not Track: Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not change our tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” (DNT) settings in your web browser. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will gladly reassess how to respond to such signals. We are not responsible for how third-party partners collect information. These third-parties may not change their tracking practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser and we can not obligate these parties to honor DNT settings.
Children under the age of 13: SharingSolace.com is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or store any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not register on the site, make purchases through the site, or send information about yourself to us – including your name, address, telephone number or email address. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at Crystal@SharingSolace.com